Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 - 2014

2013
The year I travelled abroad on my own for the first time, the year I ventured through some stunning areas of south east Asia and turned 40 whilst there, away from the UK. A year that will be 13 hours shorter for me than any of my previous full years spent upon this planet.

I lie here in New Zealand waiting for midnight to come and bring with it 2014 and I wonder where I go from here. This year I did things I never thought I would do, met people I'll never forget (unless I get dementia)  and had experiences that have changed not only the way I see the things around me, but also the way I see myself. But that last bit could just be a dodgy mirror.

But all good things must come to an end I guess. So far my time in New Zealand hasn't been all I wanted it to be and I see some of the negativity that had dogged me in my recent past starting to find it's way back. I guess that's something I will need to address again in 2014, but at least I will have a little more time to. Another 13 hours ontop of the 365 days infact, assuming I end that year in Blighty.

So as I watch my money dwindle and try to focus on how I can top this year with the next, all that is left for me to do for now is wish the old friends I miss, new friends I've met and anyone who has taken time to read any of these poorly written blog entries all the best for the coming year. I hope that's enough for some.

Please feel free to send me a message, if you're really unlucky you might even get a reply.

You have been warned :-)

jraitken@btinternet.com


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jimmer .... love big sis, Alfie & Grace xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets hope that this is the beginning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete