Saturday 9 July 2016

Images of Asia and Indonesia

I'm trying to write up the last entries of the travel blog, to amply wrap up a project 2 + years in the making, It's not as easy as you might think, well, not for me anyway. This is something that has consumed me for a long time and now spat me out decisively from the other end, but even as I jot this down I'm not entirely convinced that this thing is completely over, but without funds or a way of making money at the moment, it's fair to say that it's definitely over for now.

It's a struggle to hit the right notes, the correct tone to truly convey the final part of this journey. I want to reflect on the experience as a whole and not on the feelings that I have been battling against since my return, a cocktail of frustration and exhaustion mixed with coffee and junk food. Luckily I don't have any Gin nearby. That I feel....would be bad.

Anyway this isn't a supposed to be a full entry, but rather a brief update to point towards the inter web location that I have uploaded some of the more interesting images that were captured on my (now expensively broken) camera. I have tried to add a mixture of content, add keywords, and break it down into region in order to make it interesting and varied and it's been incredibly difficult to pick out the ones that I think others might find appealing. In just 5 and half months of travel I took far in excess of 10,000 photographs, entranced by the places that I found myself in, the objects, the people, the life. the imagery.

This started out as an adventure and became a labour of love and I think that comes across in both the images I have uploaded and in the words I have (often clumsily) written. It has by no means been a smooth ride. It has cost me all of my finances and left me with little unscathed, has broken me physically several times and has been mentally taxing but if I could do it again I would.

Because for every tough moment, there were dozens of positives. For the one confrontational Burmese man there are the legions who made me feel welcome in their respective countries regardless of nationality or religion. Every physical break has repaired, everything material I lost I can live without.

The struggle is now finding what to do in the here and the now......and that's the bit that is causing me an issue.













No comments:

Post a Comment